Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013!


When I look back at the year 2012, I'm a bit surprised how sanely did I pen down something at the start of the year and I feel it holds good for the current year as well..... Here is what I wrote last year!

But when I look ahead am a bit skeptical as I do not know how to wish for this New Year! It has become very customary to say Wish you all a Happy and prosperous New Year, every single year! But at the end of every year when we try to reflect back, we almost have not had what we have been wished for at least as a society or as a Nation or even as a race. 

Each year we go through a lot of back stabbing, deceptions, mistrust, disrespect and so on that sometimes it feels so inhumanely impossible to believe that we are human! Worst is, it keeps increasing every year. Can it be stopped? Of course yes!! After all, we are humans and can't we return to be human again? This is nothing personal for or about me. It about us as a race in this world.

I see the problem for all of this is greed! Greed for anything and everything! Isn't it? Isn't greed the mother of all problems we have in this world today? We live in a world where we trust money more than people around us and buy security with our money. Not sure how we could have changed so much for trust was the basis of everything.

I'm not trying to be negative here, in fact, am trying to see how we can remain positive about our future and what we need to do to live an happy life! And let me be also honest, am in the same league as others! This is no mean an advice to everyone.

So, here I'm wishing myself and everyone an year with less greed and work towards what only we need! Let us go back to our roots or at least search for them! Am sure we were lot humbler a few decades back!

In this New Year,
         May we feel lot safer because of people around us and not because of money!
         May this world get the peace and harmony it deserves! 

I want to still call the Year 2013 as the year of Optimism!

-Raj

1 comment:

Engrams said...

Nice post da Raj...here is wishing you and your family a very happy new year once again.